The 2009 Willis E. Lamb Award for Laser Science and Quantum Optics
Awarded January 7, 2009, at the
39th Winter Colloquium on the
Physics of Quantum Electronics.
- Robert W. Boyd, The University of Rochester (bio)
- For pioneering work in the nonlinear interaction of
laser light with matter, quantum imaging, and slow light.
- Robert L. Byer, Stanford University (bio)
- For pioneering studies of nonlinear optical effects
including parametric amplification.
- Norbert Kroó, Hungarian Academy of Sciences (bio)
- For pioneering studies of surface plasmons and other elementary excitations.
|Robert W. Boyd
||Robert L. Byer
Return to Lamb Award Main Page